You want to click on an icon to start a new Terminal instance.
1. open up the “AppleScript Editor”, you can do so by firing up the Spotlight search and type “AppleScript Editor”
2. The script you’ll need is presented below, paste it to the editor, then you can press “Run” to test it out.
tell application "Terminal"
3. Export the app as a .app. Go to “File” -> “Export…”, I name the file as “New Terminal”
4. The next step we disguise the “New Terminal” app as the Terminal. Well…because it looks better
5. You can drag it to the Dock or assign a shortcut for easy access